Our food philosophy
At Meals on Wheels we recognise the important role that food plays in everyone’s lives, and we believe that food is to be enjoyed. We want your meal experience to be wholesome, tasty and nurturing for your body.
- Our nutritional needs change as we age.
- Good nutrition enables older Australians to enjoy active, healthy and independent lives and participate fully in society.
- It is estimated that around one million older Australians may not be receiving adequate nutrition.
- The inability or desire to prepare meals can lead to malnutrition and poor health outcomes.
- Older people sometimes do not recognise their need for more nourishing meals.